I used to think you a black hole. Completely dark, and a parasite, not a positive trait about you. And lifeless, absolutely soulless.

God, I was so very very wrong. You’re not just a black hole, you’re the night sky, a galaxy, the whole fucking universe.

My whole universe.

You’re not all darkness, like you want everyone to think. You’re riddled with stars, bright spots, like your humor, your pretty smile, your laugh. There are entire solar systems in the way you think, everything revolving and clicking so perfectly, so complex and mysterious but to you so natural, so easy. You’re so brilliant.

And sure, there are dark points, negative space in the in-between.

But honey, please believe me when I say this, that everything about you is beautiful. And frankly, I think God made a mistake when he hung the stars in the sky. He should’ve put all their glittering glory in your eyes.

But that’s okay. You picked yourself up and put them there yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog